Friday, December 22, 2006

Morocco (December 2006)

OK, so not actually Europe, but it is still only a few hours flight from London, so my Morocco trip earns a spot on my Europe blog!

This was probably one of the best trips I've done - I spent a few days in Marrakech (a full-on crazy market city) and then a week in Agadir on the Atlantic Coast surfing! The trip was with a company called Access Adventures, and it was unbelievable! Everything was taken care of - pick-ups from the bus station (or plane if you flew in), amazing accommodation (I was in a villa apartment overlooking miles and miles of coastline... and all I was expecting was a run-down little dorm room near the beach!) and every meal is taken care of, prepared by their own cook! And as the purpose of the trip is surf coaching, we had an instructor, Karim, who is not only an awesome surfer and a great coach, he's a top guy and a bit of a celebrity about town, so we were shown a good time between surfing!

Definitely check out the company if you're interested in any sort of adventure/sports holiday - they cater for lots of different sports in some pretty cool locations around the world: www.accesstrips.com.

I took quite a few photos, and rather than post them all here, I've put them in some online albums instead.

This is the link: www.picasaweb.google.com/razza009. There's an album for Marrakech, and another one for Agadir (the Agadir one also includes a few pics from a drive we took up the coast to a port town called Essouria).

Enjoy!

No comments: